Newsletter


Get inspired

Subscribe to our Newsletter for news on latest products and sales


Search

Candle safety

We all love to burn our favourite candles, but a lighted candle is also an open flame, and a potential fire hazard if not carefully monitored. We want to make sure that you understand the safe and proper use of our candles and we advise you to follow the steps below

 

Before burning, always trim the wick to ¼ inch by breaking or cutting off the burnt ends when cool

Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.

Never leave a burning candle unattended.

Never burn a candle on or near anything that might catch fire.

Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.

When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter.

Keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.

Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is liquefied.

Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 1/2 inch remains in the container

Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.

Never use a candle as a night light or while you may fall asleep.

Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. It’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.

Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.

Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.

Don’t touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.

Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.

X